1) Describe the picture (What can you see.. colours / objects / actions)
2) Each student in turn says something different about the picture.
3) If there are people / animals in the photo - Talk about their feelings.
4) if you don't really know what is happening, who it is or where they are: Speculate
5) What might have happened before and what might happen after the image was taken.
6) Criticise and give your opinion of the photo.
7) If there are 2 or more people / things in the picture improvise a role play
8) Hide the photo and recount it from memory.
9) Try and make a comparison with the photo and your life or the place you live.
10) See. Think. Wonder. Look at a photo (or any view or object) and complete the sentences: I see... I think... I wonder...
11) Ask the following questions related to the picture. What would happen if? How could I do this? Why is it actually..? Pictures from children's books are good for this one.